Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Why can't adults cry?


This is how I feel today. Everything I try to do just feels so hard and pointless. And it doesn't help that I slipped on some ice and a bunch of people literally cringed and went "Ohhhh." It must've looked really bad because 2 people came over and were genuinely concerned about me and kept repeatedly asking if I was okay. I think I was in shock for awhile. Anyway, I am fine but I am looking forward to the gigantic bruise that will probably show up tomorrow morning. Right after it happened I really felt like crying. I wanted to sit on the ground and just scream and cry and be a big, fat baby. But when I got home some great books that I ordered off of Amazon were waiting for me at my front door (way to go mailman...there are a lot of thieves in my building...). Thankfully my books weren't stolen. I am a fan of self-help and books about acting, writing and being an artist... so the books I got all fall into those genres and I immediately feel like I can fix my life and put this awful day behind me.

No comments: