Monday, September 17, 2012

If it makes you happy...

"Happiness" has been on my mind a lot recently. I'm not saying I'm a mind reader but I'm hypersensitive to people's feelings. I can always pick-up on someone's sadness, anger or unhappiness.  Sometimes when I talk to people and see them, I feel like I'm watching from afar and watching in slow motion. A lot of people in my life are so unhappy. The sad part is they act like they are. The thing is they spend so much time and energy proving to the rest of the world that they are happy. Why spend time and energy on the facade of happiness when you could just as easily be happy?

I'm not saying I myself  know the key to happiness, but what I do know is that putting happiness on hold by saying, "I'll be happy when I find the right guy/girl, finally get into shape, learn to make a souffle, buy a house, get that dream job, make X amount of money, have kids, etc. etc" is just letting someone or something else give you happiness. You should really be giving yourself happiness. This is a lesson I've been learning for the last 1+ year and I'm grateful to say, I think I'm getting it.


No comments: