Thursday, February 28, 2013

Big Purchases

I used to love taking photos and uploading them to this blog... way back when. But my camera, which I bought in 2005 is really sucking and it is such a chore to get it working. So... plans for the purchase of a new one are in order. Laziness is really preventing me from researching. Also, after watching "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" we have decided that another big purchase we'd like to make is a juicer. I have mixed feelings about juicing. Most of those feelings are positive but my mother believes in yin/yang eating and according to her consuming too many fruits and raw veggies causes an imbalance. I know that fruits and veggies are good for you but I can see how too much of a good thing can be bad. However, I think if we purchased the juicer and had juice just once a day, that would be okay. I have coffee every morning so if I replaced it with a juice that would probably be a lot better for me.

Being healthy is hard but when I think about how I ate just 5 years ago, I realize I've come really far without sacrificing the enjoyment that comes with eating. As for exercise... well... considering 5 years ago I did um... NONE, I'm doing pretty awesome now. Baby steps I guess!


No comments: