Thursday, October 6, 2011

I walked down Melrose Ave. today and it was wonderful. The weather was perfect and I just perused all the funky shops down there. I also remembered how the last time I walked there I was handing out my resume to restaurants and I really felt like I had reached rock bottom. I want to appreciate everything and I never want to be ungrateful or complain about anything ever again.

I go into the office tomorrow for a little training. I'm nervous because with any job it takes awhile to learn all the little things that are specific to that job and to get to know the people you work with. I guess I also feel nervous because this job means a lot to me and I want to do a great job and not have them regret hiring me. When I went in for the interview I was worried about some of the gaps in my resume. The gaps were when I was temping, waiting tables or doing some other random job while I was acting. But I'm glad they saw that the 3 years of actual work experience I did have was good. I feel like everyone at the office will think I'm 23 because I think this job is for someone fresh out of school, but at the same time, I think I'll do a much better job now at age 29 than if I were to do the job when I was 23.

It rained a lot yesterday and my apartment is a little chilly today. This makes me miss NYC so much. Autumn in the city can't be beat. If I was there I'd be wearing boots and a cuddly sweater but here I have on a T-shirt and my flats with no socks. But when there's a blizzard over there, I'm sure I will be happy walking the streets of LA without even a coat on.

No comments: