Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Work is taking up all of my time and for the most part I like it. It's good to keep busy. But I get home and I can't stand to turn the computer on because I'm staring at one all day at work. It's a miracle I'm even on it right now, writing this blog. I'm reading a collection of short stories by Murakami... is that how you spell his name? Anyway, he writes about the difference between writing a novel and writing a short story in the intro. He prefers the latter. I found this inspiring because I'm always having a hard time finishing anything I write and so maybe the short story format is a good way to go... less pressure. And Jen sent me this: http://www.nanowrimo.org/

Perfect timing! Besides going to work, I've mostly just been eating and watching my DVRed shows during the week and on the weekends I just read and do yoga. It's nice... but there's that part of me that makes me feel like I need to start being more ambitious... how or what I don't know. Maybe it's okay to live and breathe in the moment and not be shooting for something. I don't know and I'm starting to be okay with not knowing. Anyway, off to bed. I'm pooped.

2 comments:

Rubber Cowgirl said...

Murakami is great. Funny though, I've never read his short stories, only his novels. Have you read Hardboiled Wonderland and the End of the World? I think that one's my favorite.

Meg said...

This is the first of his writing I've experienced. It's wonderful. I will definitely read "Hardboiled Wonderland" and "End of the World!"