Saturday, September 17, 2011

I start work at 6:45am on Saturdays. I love it. Walking down the streets of LA with barely any cars on the road is so peaceful. I open the studio for 11th Step yoga which is for people in AA. It's amazing to see these people come in week after week with the desire to better their lives. Today an older man came out in the middle of class and started sobbing. I didn't feel uncomfortable or awkward. More than anything I wanted to ask him if he was okay. But I left him alone and continued working. People are so disconnected from each other these days. I wish we'd all realize that we're in this together. 

And this really sweet woman who comes here all the time offered me her Whole Foods sandwich because she couldn't eat the whole thing. I took it and then realized it had meat... but I didn't want to be rude and she was being so kind. As much as I want to have my life stuff figured out, I'm grateful that I get to work at a decent job and do as much yoga as I want. 

1 comment:

Jen said...

Hi Meg, just caught up on the blog again. Sorry to hear that you and Manny are going through such a difficult time. It seems like you are doing things right though. It's a tough economy out there right now, which sucks in general for our generation, but I think you should be proud of what you've accomplished so far, even if you're not exactly where you thought you'd be at this stage. And don't judge yourself by what you think other people are thinking. They might not even be thinking what you think they're thinking. Or if they are, they don't know shit. Keep writing! I enjoy hearing about even the mundane stuff.